Hair Analysis Provider: choose wisely.
Choosing your hair analysis provider is as important as choosing your hair analysis lab. Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis seems to be making a resurgence into the market once again. As such, many companies now offer hair analysis merely to expand their product line. This is simple business economics.
Interestingly, as I (Alan) peruse the internet, I find several blogs and other sites where the recipient of a hair analysis does not have a clue as to what their results mean. In addition, I find many of the answers (comments) others provide on those sites too be quite lacking in the understanding of the results as well.
This is not about “judging” anyone. Did they choose the cheapest analysis? Did the provider offer consultations? Did they not want to spend the extra money? Was the analysis just another add-on product? Who knows? Simply put, this is not a good situation for the client or the reputation of hair tissue mineral analysis.
However, if this were due to the provider, this would be the same as if your medical doctor did not understand the results of a lab analysis they ordered for you and left you on your own to either surmise what it means or listen to others without much understanding as well.
Keep in mind, every nutritional screening not only provides tremendous insight into your nutritional health but each screening (amino acids, fatty acids, and so on) requires a unique interpretation as well. This simply reinforces the importance of a hair analysis consultation.
The 7 most important questions to ask your hair analysis provider!
Here are the 7 most important questions to ask to ensure you are choosing the best provider. They include:
- Do you provide a consultation*? (No third party needed!)
- Do you understand the interpretations of the lab results?
- Do you understand how minerals interact with all other nutrients and toxic elements?
- Do you understand the difference between a body burden and being toxic?
- Do you understand the criteria for your food recommendations (Profile 2’s)?
- Do you understand the criteria for your supplement recommendations (Profile 2’s)?
- Do you understand a hair tissue mineral analysis is NOT diagnostic?
I could go on and on but these are the 7 most important questions to ask your hair analysis provider. Otherwise, your hair analysis may become quite meaningless and you may be left with the feeling you wasted your time and money.
As an advocate for hair analysis as a helpful nutritional screening tool and having offered numerous other nutritional screenings (amino acids, fatty acids, organic acids, GI profiles, and so on) in the past, we want you to know this simple and inexpensive analysis provides tremendous insight into your unique nutritional and toxic health.
If you would like a little more help prior to choosing your hair analysis provider, we invite you to call us toll free:
1 877- 442-4786
Additional hair analysis pages that may interest you:
- What is Hair Analysis: A drug test, DNA test, or Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis?
- Hair Analysis History: Hair analysis has been around longer than you may realize.
- Hair Analysis Controversy: Why is there so much controversy?
- Hair Analysis Sample Collection: Follow this simple protocol for your most accurate analysis.
*Readability assessment of internet-based consumer health information. Walsh TM, Volsko TA. Respir Care. 2008 Oct;53(10):1310-5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18811992